Creamy Zucchini Bake
Simple Zucchini Bake
Cheese and Vegetables for a simple meal
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 431
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 49g
Saturated Fat 7g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 14g
Monounsaturated Fat 24g
Total Carbohydrates 68g
Dietary Fiber 16g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 2 large zucchini, cut into quarter inch slices (I used one zucchini and one yellow squash)
- 1 cup of your favorite creamy vegan cheese, or more as needed
- 2 green onions thinly sliced
- 1 cup mushroom thinly sliced (this is optional. I love using mushrooms in any vegetable bake, so I added them.)
- 1/8 cup (packed) finely chopped fresh basil
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper, or more to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven.
- Mix zucchini, garlic, basil, olive oil, smoked paprika, salt and pepper in a large bowl until zucchini is evenly coated.
- Then layer the bottom of a baking dish with the zucchini.
- Drop dollops of your vegan cheese on top of the zucchini layer, then repeat until you are out of the zucchini mixture.
- Top the casserole with a final layer of the vegan cheese.
- Lastly, season with cayenne pepper.
- Bake in your preheated oven at 180 degree C until the zucchini is tender and the vegan cheese is browned. In my oven it took about 30 minutes, but the first time you make this, keep your eye on it.
- I took it out a bit early, so that I could re-heat it when its meal time
Desi Paleo http://cooking.ritulalit.com/