Zucchini Bread Paleo
I had two zucchini sitting in the fridge, which really had to be used. The problem with being alone at home is that one ends up eating left overs. The boys have gone away for four days and I had no intention of inflicting myself with zucchini day in and day out.
Bread is a wonderful option isn’t it. Ever since I taught myself to bake grain free, I am a happy baker. There is nothing like bread to spread butter on and have with a hot cup of coffee. Nothing can compare with the joy.
I grated the zucchini and got going.
If you follow this recipe let me advise you to first grate the zucchini and leave it in a collander. The juices have to drain out.
While the zucchini is draining, get your grinder out. Flour has to be made. I basically mixed all the flour I had. Half a cup of coconut flour plus almond flour (if you have desiccated powder coconut throw it in the grinder with your millets, almonds and buckwheat.)
Oh wait, this is confusing.
I put in 1/4 cup of buckwheat, 1/4 cup of almond, 1/4 cup of millets and one cup of arrowroot into the grinder and ground it all up into a fine powder. Added one cup of honey, a pinch of salt, one spoon of baking soda and two eggs. Mixed them all together. By this time, the zucchini was drained out. So I added zucchini and mixed it up.
I baked the mixture in a loaf pan at 180 degrees C for 40 minutes.
Simple isn’t it?
- Zucchini 1 large or 1 and a half small
- 1 cup honey
- 1/4 cup millet
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup buckwheat
- 1 cup arrowroot powder
- 1 spoon baking soda
- 1 cup olive oil
- 2 eggs or two spoons of flaxseed meal soaked in a cup of water
- 1 spoon cinnamon
- 1 pinch of salt
- Grate zucchini and drain excess water
- Mix all the flours
- Add honey
- Add cinnamon
- Mix in the eggs or flaxseed meal
- Add oil and baking soda and whip it all up
- Put it in two loaf tins and place it in a pre heated oven on the middle rack
- Bake at 200 degree C for 30 minutes on middle rack
- At 25 minutes begin checking the loaf. In some ovens it bakes by 30 degrees but can take longer in others. In my oven it took about 35 minutes