Sweet Potato Bread
They are so versatile and forgive all kinds of tweaks you can give to them.
This bread is made with sweet potato and arrowroot. It is delicious. The recipe is really simple and is adapted from the one I found on www.iquitsugar.com
Sweet potato bread, Paleo
Write a review
1 hr 25 min
1 hr 25 min
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 433
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 50g
Saturated Fat 35g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 3g
Monounsaturated Fat 10g
Total Carbohydrates 115g
Dietary Fiber 18g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 600 g steamed and pureed sweet potato.
- 4 eggs.
- 1/2 spoon salt.
- 3 tablespoon ghee.
- 1 teaspoon baking soda.
- 150 g arrowroot powder
- 150 g coconut meal
- Melon seeds and pumpkin seeds to sprinkle on top (optional)
- 1. Preheat your oven to 175 degrees.
- 2. In a food processor, mix all the ingredients until a smooth and thick batter.
- 3. Spoon this mixture into loaf tins
- 4. Garnish with melon and pumpkin seeds
- 5. Bake for an hour and fifteen minutes
- 6. Leave this to cool for an hour before slicing it with a sharp knife to serve.
- This bread rises well and slices well but is dense like all gluten free breads
Desi Paleo http://cooking.ritulalit.com/