Sweet and spicy lime chicken
It really is too hot to cook these days, so my oven is my best friend. Chicken and rice is a classic, and this is a really easy recipe. This chicken goes well with plain boiled rice or with millets cooked in chicken stock. My method is simple, set the timer, put in the chicken and run to the room with the airconditioner on. Come back when the timer sounds, attend to the food and then escape.
- 2 Boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 teaspoon Cayenne Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed garlic or garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Dried Parsley
- 1 teaspoon Brown Sugar
- 1 lime
- Preheat oven to 350. Line a baking sheet with foil (to shorten the cleanup process, lazy girl.), and lay your chicken breasts out flat. Mix together the cayenne powder, garlic powder, dried parsley and brown sugar in a bowl, then sprinkle seasoning on top of the chicken. Just one side for now. Cook in the oven for 25 minutes, remove, flip and dredge the other side in the seasoning. Return back to the oven for an additional 10 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
- Allow chicken to rest for 5 minutes, then squeeze on the juice from a lime and serve over rice.
- I used millets cooked in chicken stock to go with this. Delicious.